четверг, 23 июля 2009 г.

electricsheep-2.7_b11 ebuild

Today I've been sticking around looking for some fancy screensaver and found out Electric Sheep. It's current portage version is only 2.6 one, but 2.6 version server on sheepserver.net has been stopped with new version release. After some googling I have not found any 2.7 ebuilds and decided to write some myself. I managed to adopt old ebuild for 2.6.8 version for 2.7 and would like to share it with other gentooers.

Archived subversion client-2.7-b11 tag from official repo: http://cloud.github.com/downloads/siasia/gentoo/electricsheep-2.7_beta11.tar.gz

This should be placed into your distfiles dir.

Archived ebuild dir contents to : http://cloud.github.com/downloads/siasia/gentoo/electricsheep-2.7_beta11-ebuild.tar.gz

This goes into overlay(maybe /usr/local/portage/portage) x11-misc/electricsheep.

$ emerge electricsheep

Configure your xscreensaver to use electricsheep one, then wait 5-10 minutes and enjoy.

You can configure your electricsheep with $ electricsheep-preferences  command

Also registration on electricsheep.org is strongly encoraged for faster downloads and awesome sheeps.

1 комментарий:

  1. Yay, thanks a lot ! 2.7 is far better than 2.6 and I have a nice 2.7 livestock from my old ubuntu install, so I really appreciate :)

    ОтветитьУдалить